CDX - Director, Project Management
ChromaDex Corp. is an integrated, global nutraceutical company devoted to improving the way people age. ChromaDex’s scientists partner with leading universities and research institutions worldwide to uncover the full potential of NAD and identify and develop unique, science-based ingredients. Its flagship ingredient, NIAGEN® (nicotinamide riboside), sold directly to consumers as TRU NIAGEN®, is backed with clinical and scientific research, as well as extensive IP protection. TRU NIAGEN® is helping the world AGE BETTER®.
ChromaDex has an immediate opening for a full-time Director of Project Management. The right candidate will lead a team of project managers and the execution of strategic growth and improvement projects to advance the company toward its growth goals. In addition to directing the PMO, this candidate will be responsible for planning, managing, and executing a variety of their own projects, including marketing focused projects, product launches with new or existing product lines, business process improvements, regulatory approval projects and some capital projects. An initial area of focus will be managing a program of projects that involve launching our consumer brand product into multiple international markets.
The Director of Project Management will also play a key role in managing ChromaDex's newly-forged partnership with one of the world's largest food companies, in which TruNiagen will integrate with the international distribution of high-profile consumer products. From R&D to product integration and global distribution, this person will contribute to the launch and maintenance of projects related to this game-changing relationship.
Effective communication across all functional areas and at all levels of the organization is at the heart of success for this position.
Main duties include:
- Direct the organization of the company’s PMO and the overall company project portfolio along with the project managers in the PMO.
- Champion, improve, develop and assist the roll-out of standard project management tools, templates, processes and standards to improve the project execution efficiency of the company. This includes software solutions as well.
- Motivate, coach, and mentor team members and encourage ownership of project/program process and accountability.
- Initiate and evaluate project opportunities and facilitate efforts to prioritize what projects move forward.
- Facilitate steering team meetings with the executive team to review project statuses and make key project decisions (i.e. project approvals, gate reviews, etc.)
- Develop, plan, and manage project and program scope, schedule, and budget.
- Lead teams to meet established project and program objectives from inception to completion of projects.
- Determine project and program structure, identify key roles, processes, tools, and leverage technical experts to ensure designs and deliverables are clearly defined and completed.
- Strategically manage, monitor, assess risk, and control projects and annual budgets proactively in an effort to protect and ensure adequate funds and resources are available to support and strengthen our technology assets.
- Track project and program progress and status to identify deviations and take corrective action to ensure project and program objectives are met.
- Report to project and program stakeholders, sponsors, and executives on status and request any needed support or resources to maximize return on investment.
- Engage, set-up and manage third party contractors, consultants, vendors, suppliers and key third party international partners.
- Work with various departments and communicate at all levels of the organization to ensure new product roll-outs and projects are properly executed.
- Assign project to correct team and lead to execute the project.
- Must possess proven leadership skills and ability to motivate a team to work together toward a common goal.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Proven organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Provide support, promote engagement and integrity to build trust and achieve cooperation.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to changing environments as projects evolve.
- PMP Certification or equivalent.
- Experiencing leading a PMO and developing project managers to improve on their effectiveness to lead projects.
- Experience managing projects and working in the food and/or dietary ingredient industry
- Experience managing international product launch projects and understand the complexities of working with regional partners to enable launches.
Training, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science-related discipline with a minimum of 7 years project management experience OR 10 years of equivalent project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing project scope, budget and schedule.
ChromaDex offers benefits to eligible employees who have met all requirements for enrollment. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k) and more.
ChromaDex maintains a website at www.chromadex.com to which ChromaDex regularly posts copies of its press releases as well as additional and financial information about the Company.
ChromaDex (and its affiliates) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, national origin, religion, physical handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.