CDX - Senior Procurement Lead
ChromaDex Corp. is an integrated, global nutraceutical company devoted to improving the way people age. ChromaDex scientists partner with leading universities and research institutions worldwide to uncover the full potential of NAD and identify and develop novel, science-based ingredients. Its flagship ingredient, NIAGEN® (nicotinamide riboside), sold directly to consumers as TRU NIAGEN®, is backed with significant clinical and scientific research, as well as extensive IP protection. TRU NIAGEN® is helping the world AGE BETTER®.
ChromaDex has an immediate opening for a Senior Procurement Lead to focus on completing various purchasing activities, including maintaining inventory levels, submitting RFQ/bid to vendors, verifying goods received meet pricing and product specifications, providing lead time information to cross functional teams.
In this role, the Senior Procurement Lead will also be responsible for leading purchasing process improvement projects, identifying areas for value savings, as well as interfacing with other functions such as sales, supply chain, quality, accounting and marketing and support activities related to inventory management and fulfillment.
Main duties include:
• Prepare and/or issue PO’s to replenish and maintain inventory stock levels based on reorder points and on requests from various departments that require goods, services, and materials.
• Maintain and organize complex PO’s to ensure tracking of order is done judiciously.
• Executes and reviews reports for inventory management and purchasing effectiveness.
• Initiate request for supplier bids and vendor selection based on bids.
• Perform inventory transactions in ERP system including inventory entry, adjustments and/or transfers.
• Manage the submission for re-evaluation and re-qualification of inventory.
• Receive and review shipments and resolve any accuracy or quality discrepancies with vendors and coordinate vendor returns/exchanges, if necessary.
• Follow up with vendor on backordered products, as well as ensures materials are shipped and delivered on time.
• Collaborate with accounting department on weekly item cost adjustments.
• Interface and communicate lead times and/or provide pricing to sales and other departments.
• Initiate the testing/qualification process of newly received inventory with QA/QC departments.
• Strategically source materials and search for alternative suppliers while establishing working relationships with key suppliers.
• Authors, reviews and maintains various SOP’s within area of responsibility.
• Lead purchasing-focused projects including business process improvements and cost reductions.
• Support manager to track overall purchasing performance metrics for the department to ensure overall effectiveness of the team.
• Must possess excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy across multiple areas
• Ability to communicate effectively cross functionally and interact with others in a clear and effective manner
• Must be flexible and capable of quickly adapting to changing environments as business evolves.
• Highly skilled negotiator
• Experience in other facets of supply chain such as materials planning and logistics
• Experience designing and implementing value stream maps, processes and policies
Training, Education and Experience:
• Minimum 10 years of related experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in any applicable discipline
• Working experience with an (ERP) enterprise resource systems.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
• Experience working in a face-paced supply chain/manufacturing organization needing to balance important/urgent activities from important/proactive activities
• Experience streamlining and optimizing inventory management and procurement processes
• APICS, green/black belts, lean expert and PMP certifications desired
• Chemicals/Ingredients purchasing/sourcing experience preferred
• Technical knowledge of chemicals and natural products, ingredients, consumer brand products and the purchasing activities associated with them a plus
• Previous experience with international supply chain and materials planning desired
Job Conditions Required:
• Moderate physical effort with occasional lifting up to 30 lbs.
• Must be able to perform routine tasks repeatedly (sitting, standing, walking, grasping, reaching, pushing, pulling, package inspections), efficiently, and accurately in a timely manner
• Must be capable of understanding, listening and following verbal and written instructions to accomplish desired goals
• Work is performed in an office environment
ChromaDex offers benefits to eligible employees who have met all requirements for enrollment. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k) and more.
ChromaDex maintains a website at www.chromadex.com to which ChromaDex regularly posts copies of its press releases as well as additional and financial information about the Company.